Tuesday 21 January 2014

To eat or not to eat sugar

I've been trying to refrain myself from sugar consumption knowing all the dangers; however, with the way I feel and the limited scope of food I can get myself to consume, it is so hard to avoid anything that doesn't contain sugar.

Seeing a documentary last night equating sugar to cocaine, tobacco and alcohol scared me even more, especially since I am pregnant. 50 years ago pregnant women were smoking during their pregnancy also. So it makes me wonder, if we should avoid sugar the way we avoid tobacco and alcohol now. I would like to do so but it is so hard given that almost anything and everything we buy contains it: bread, muesli, breadsticks, pasta sauces etc...I would be ok with not eating these either under normal circumstances but a breadstick or a piece of bread is the only that stops me from feeling so sick sometimes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment