Thursday 24 July 2014

The Unbearable Heat

Who would have thought that summer in London would feel like the Med or even the Sahara Desert? Or perhaps I feel it more because of pregnancy but I am not enjoying it! I cannot function properly in this heat being so massively pregnant and looking after my toddler. Often times, at the height of the heat, it feels like I am going to faint. My limbs and feet being swollen don't help the situation either.

Worse is watching on the news what's happening to children in war torn countries and not knowing what I can do to help or change the situation. How can humans be so heartless, so cruel? I spent the entire evening and last night crying. I still cannot get the images I saw out of my mind. And I shouldn't. We shouldn't forget. I need to do something but what?

This week's NCT refresher course was an eye opener on the difficulties of handling two children, especially in the first 6 weeks, which truly freaked me out. My mother's health problems are not making me feel at ease at all either. 

No comments:

Post a Comment