Thursday 5 June 2014

Pregnant Traveller - Now a No No for Me

We are still traveling, still away from my first one and I am simply unable to enjoy anything. The news I am getting that my first one's routine and behaviour have completely changed is not helping either. I am in major panic that I have so much work to do when I go back and at the same time I have to get my first one back to normal before the new baby arrives. Terrifying.

To top it all, in the US - a first world country where u would never think such things would be an issue- traveling as a pregnant woman is not the best. The horrible smells, which come out if every building, the aged air conditioning, which all need their filters changed and which are impossible to escape as they are everywhere, the cigarette and cigar smoke lurking on the streets, high usage of mayonnaise, corn syrup and high fructose in every single dish turned the trip into a nightmare for me. Back home, I am so spoiled. I am spared from all these unhealthy factors that would put my baby in danger. Here I cannot escape them and this is worrying me big time about the health of my unborn child. My skin has burned despite rainy weather band sunscreen and the lotion I put on my body afterwards stung like a bee, which is very worrying too. I am just praying that none of this is badly affecting the baby I am carrying. 

No comments:

Post a Comment