Wednesday 27 July 2011

Lots Happening


Our first ante-natal class at the hospital was last week and it was more informative and useful that I could have ever imagined. Not only I learnt that giving birth lying on your back is a myth, I also understood why I go through certain stages in my pregnancy and will go during labour. It was great to have my husband there as well since it made him more involved with the whole pregnancy process. He also now knows what to expect in the delivery room – especially when the adrenalin kicks in.

I started feeling numbness in my left fingers, another normal cause of pregnancy apparently.

We have been researching our options about storing our baby’s stem cells. It seems like if we decide to go ahead, we would have to do it privately as our hospital and health system do not provide the service.

I have also been extremely busy with work. I’ve been working around 12 to 14 hours a day on average on a very frustratingly complicated project. I can’t wait for it to be over and concentrate on my last weeks on pregnancy on the well-being of my baby. Now, I can go hours without noticing that I didn’t have lunch or I tend to graze on very unhealthy options like crisps and chocolate. Not good! Maybe my baby has been kicking so hard because it is not happy with what I have been feeding. I am sincerely worried now about the nutrition I put in my system. I guess when it comes to balancing work life and cooking, I am a total failure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment